Saturday 23 December 2017

Humble Beginnings

So, it's been two weeks since I released The Tomorrow Child on Amazon Kindle, and in that time I've sold 18 copies.


It's a slow start, as anticipated. Most of the sales came in the last week when the Kindle edition was available for free. Albeit small-scale, it shows that promotional activity will have an impact on sales. It was enough to elevate The Tomorrow Child to #1 in the free e-book chart for a couple of hours!


So far I've only marketed The Tomorrow Child through this blog, Facebook, and a link on Twitter. The next step will be to post about it on Linked-In. I also need to find the right channels to reach the book's intended audience - the teen market.


I am encouraged. I thought I would be sat here with zero sales. For now, I wait in anticipation of The Tomorrow Child's first review on Amazon. If and when it appears, and if it is positive, it will be interesting to see what impact it has on sales.


In the meantime, if anybody has any advice that they'd like to share in the comments section, please do.


Merry Christmas
Einar





No comments:

Post a Comment