Sunday 18 February 2018

Marketing Update

I believe it was Gary Strang in an episode of Men Behaving Badly who said, If you throw enough balls at enough coconuts, eventually you win a fish.


Albeit an analogy for getting Dorothy pregnant, it could also apply to my approach to marketing and promoting The Tomorrow Child.


Am I casting my net too wide? Do I need to narrow my focus? Probably. I currently have adverts running on Facebook and Amazon. I'm generating thousands of placements, and getting around 1% converted to clicks. What I'm not seeing is those clicks converted to sales.


I'm also enrolled in amazon KDP Select, which means The Tomorrow Child is part of the Kindle Unlimited and Kindle Owners' Lending Library scheme. I've just started to see some data from this in terms of pages read, so it could be that the adverts are driving sales through this channel.


I hope so.


Then there's the Writer's Online Subscriber's Showcase. The Tomorrow Child will feature on the website, free, for up to two months. It's good exposure as the site has thousands of visitors daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment