Sunday 2 October 2011

Fitter, Stronger, Happier

Well, somehow it's still summer.  Better late than never, I suppose!  Apologies for the lack of posts in recent weeks, I've had my head down and focused on writing the novel.  Progress is good.  I've also been catching up on a bit of reading - which is like filling up with petrol for writers.

I recently finished 'What They Do In The Dark' by Amanda Coe, a story about the loss of innocence set in 1970's Doncaster.  All credit to Amanda, I've never read a book as fast as i read hers.  Why?  Because it was truly engrossing and because I knew from quite early on that something disturbing was going to happen at the end.  A bit like the car crash that you can't help but look at, I had to find out what would happen to the characters.  And they were thoroughly believable characters too.  Amanda's name may be familiar to some - she has also written scripts for the Channel Four series 'Shameless.'

You'll also see a link in the Wonderful Distractions sidebar to the website of Myke Gray.  Myke is one of Britain's leading Personal Trainers.  I thought this site would be helpful to anyone struggling with the work-life balance, whether they be a full-time writer or not.  Myke has a great philosophy on life and well-being.  His site is completely free and offers exercise videos and meal plans.  Please take a look if you are wanting to make a positive change to your lifestyle.

Until next time.  Come back fitter, stronger, happier!  

No comments:

Post a Comment