Sunday 14 January 2018

Marketing Strategy

It's all about traffic and driving audience to your website / blog / Amazon page. It's a wonder how indie authors mange to get any writing done! Marketing a book is a full time job in itself.


My Amazon ad is running until early February, and thus far it has generated a few impressions, but no link clicks (the all important bit), but that means it hasn't cost me anything yet. On the other hand, my Facebook ad has been seen by almost 3,000 people and has generated over 30 link clicks.


Clearly this will shape my strategy going forward. Perhaps I will switch to a Product Display ad on Amazon, and increase my Facebook daily budget to maximise the number of link clicks.


Then comes the hard part - turning those link clicks into sales. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. However, you can have a jolly good go at trying to convince it. To that end, I have changed my blurb to give it a strong hook. Let's see how it goes!


Elsewhere, I've started a page for The Tomorrow Child on Facebook. You can visit it here - www.facebook.com/etolgeirsson


Fell free to give it a 'like.'


Oh, and somehow I've managed to find a little bit of time to write. One brick at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment